Nikujaga (Simmered meat and potatoes)
Nikujaga is one of traditional dish in Japan. "Niku" means meat and "jaga(imo)" means potato in Japanese.
It reminds us of taste of mom's cooking. It is simmered the taste of ingredients and mom's love.
When you eat nikujaga, you might become happy.
Cooking Time : 45 minutes
Recipes makes 4 servings
200g sliced beef or pork (ground meat is also ok.)
2 tbsp olive oil
6 tbsp sake
4 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp mirin
6 tbsp soy sauce
1. Cut the potatoes and soak into water for a while. Slice onion.
Cut carrot and beef into bite-size.
2. Add olive oil to the flying pan and sauté beef.
3. Add onion, carrot, and potato without water and sauté them.
4. Add dashi, sake and sugar. Simmer it for 5 minutes.
5. Skim the scum. Add mirin and soy sauce.
6. Place the paper towel directly on the food and simmer it
for 25 minutes.
Back to recipe page